Monday, 13 May 2013

Easy Sha Crystals

Well I'd been feeling guilty that I hadn't put up a post in a while when I realized I should talk about one of my favourite ways to get easy Sha Crystals, and in turn high end weapon / bracer enchants.

Items that often get overlooked are the level 87, 440 ilvl epic leggings that drop off a few MOP rares, these include:

Spriggin's Sproggin' Leggin'
Qu'nas' Apocryphal Legplates
Go-Kan's Golden Trousers
Silent Leggings of the Ghostpaw
Cournith Waterstrider's Silken Finery
Torik-Ethis Gilded Legplates
Arness's Scaled Leggings
Gaarn's Leggings of Infestation

The thing about these leggings is they will never sell to anyone except morons, the rarely seen level 89 twink, and the knowledgeable goldmaker.  Usually people list them for 1000g or more when they're the only ones posting, to which people who are levelling will offer a slight chuckle before moving on, and anyone at level 90 can buy 458 gear to get more bang for their buck, therefore it'll stay right on the auction house till it either gets undercut or reposted into the ground at lower and lower prices.

The unsellability (hey I made a new word) of it means that eventually you'll end up with a half dozen or more of the same item on the auction house, and people being the "brilliant" entrepreneurs they are will keep undercutting each other till you see all of them at a 200g per, with the occasional ones being posted below 100g when people just want to get rid of them,  but can't D/E them and don't want to vendor them.

The trick here is to watch for cheap ones (Wowuction notifications, Undermine great deals page, staring half crazed at the screen and hitting "search" every 5 seconds) I usually pick up the leggings for 200g or less on my server (in one case buying out 8 at a time, big surprise for some people) and immediately send them off for disenchanting. With the price of Sha Crystals being 400g on average I've just doubled my money, and if I save the crystals I can turn them into the high tier enchants for an even bigger profit.

This being just one example, I hope this'll help people keep in mind to always be on the look out for items that can be used in the enchanting/disenchanting shuffle.

-Thairus

P.S. Also the whole Crafted Dreadful -> Ethereal Shards -> Sha Crystal strategy that's been beaten through the ground and won't be covered here for anyone who hasn't realized it's a thing yet.

Edit: Apparently this's already been mentioned a few times around (I only seem to find these posts right after I talk about an item / strategy, such as with the white bandit mask.....eh well it's still a good one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment